Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Crochet planter


I noticed my plants in peat pots dry out really fast...then I started googling and basically even though they sell everywhere, peat pots suck. Plus apparently peat isn't an unlimited resource so poo! I've been reading about fabric planters and apparently they're really good for root development, so I ordered a pack of them from amazon. In the meantime, I have a few small plants that could benefit from getting out of the peat pots, so I made a little crochet planter. With handles, of course!

This guy was growing next to its full grown mother tree and I dug it out with roots perfectly intact (lucky!!!) and kidnapped it. I love trees with red/purple leaves.

After just 4 hours I noticed a huge difference in water retention. Considering the price of a 50g ball of cotton yarn, this pleases me greatly. I’ll post the free crochet pattern I threw together as well for those of you who want it later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment